Saturday, November 27, 2010

A True Braveheart


This weekend I watched an interview of the screenwriter who wrote the screen play for the movie Braveheart.  What I found fascinating was the story behind the story of the movie.  Remember in the movie whenever William Wallace (Mel Gibson) would get discouraged, he would see his wife who was brutally murdered. She had the most beautiful piercing blue eyes and somehow Wallace would be strengthened and keep going.

Well the story behind the story is the screenwriter had severe asthma as a child, and his grandmother would pick him up and walk him around to keep him calm because any excitement could cause an attack; and kill him. His grandmother had piercing blue eyes and while he was sick, he would just look into her eyes and all he could remember was seeing love. She would walk him around all night if necessary and sing to him, but looking into her eyes kept him safe and alive.

In the movie Braveheart, most people saw it as an action epic of war, when in fact, its a love story.  Wallace's wife is brutally murdered and he wages war against England and its barbaric practices bestowed on the people of Scotland. The brutality was a result of the love he lost and Wallace's quest to regain respect and dignity for his people.  Wallace decided to change how things were done, even if it costs him his life and eventually it did.

I guess it all depends on your perception and what eyes your looking through to see things in a different way. I just choose to believe that real love has the power to take you to this place of no return. More so, if the power of love is really operating in you with grandeur, you will be willing to do whatever is necessary to accomplish exactly what's in your heart, even til death.

Because after all what else is there?

If the life you're living is not pushing you to a place where you don't have to risk anything, then you're just faking the funk. You have not really entered into a place of all or nothing. This is the place where the rubber meets the road and there is no turning back.

There's a brief description of the movie that says "Every man dies, not every man really lives."  How sobering is that statement?  I want some much more than mediocrity and when I start to feel like I'm not moving the way in which I know I can, it gets very frustrating for me.

I guess I'm just an all or nothing kinda gal. I don't want a piece of anything, I want it all. If I cant have it all, then I don't want it; at all.  I believe that whatever God has for me, its mine and I don't have to apologize for it. Now I know this type of attitude has gotten me into some trouble in the past, but so what, I've also been in trouble for far less.  But on the other hand, its this very attitude that has opened many doors for me. 

Anyway, I'm just at a place where I know faith works by love and sometimes you've just got to let go and jump.  God has given me the Braveheart to do all that He has placed inside of me.  I don't have to fear for anything because God is with me all the way.

Much Love                 

1 comment:

Will you go, anyway?

  Seems like a simple enough question to answer, it's either yes or no. Yet, we answer this question everyday in our decisions. However,...