Friday, July 30, 2010

I Got A New Attitude

Have you ever had a name change? Well I did, and my life has never been the same. The funny thing about this name change is not where I legally went and changed my name.  This name change was about God giving me a new identity.

I was at an ibM Mentoring Session with Barbara Wentroble in Denton, Texas. And if you've never been in one of Barbara's sessions, all I can say is hold on because change is on the way.  During the session, I got acquainted with a networking minister named Linda who was from Oklahoma, and we spent the next two days getting to know one another.

Anyway, she began to call me Veronica every time she spoke to me.  I explained to her no worries, I understood it was a mistake. But what was so fascinating, is that she kept on calling me Veronica for the rest of the time we were together.

Okay, the both of us being prophetic people, looked at each other and said there is something to this. But shortly after, I casually shrugged it off and never really thought about it any further.  Well, two weeks later Linda calls me at 7:00 am to share with me what God had given her. Not really moved, because it was still so early, I listened without much enthusiasm, hey, I was sleeping real good that morning. Anyhow, Linda began to share with me what God gave her, and this is what she said.

"Nicole, your name means victory and remember I kept calling you Veronica, well, Veronica means the bringer of the victory. You are no longer just victorious, but from now on, you will bring the victory to others."

WOW!!!

Its seems like such a small thing huh? But what you need to know is, I received that word from the Lord through Linda, and everything from that moment changed. My whole thought process had shifted. I no longer was in the mindset of being blessed. I had stepped into a whole new realm of thinking.  In this place,  my desire changed from self to longing for others to have nothing but the best from God.

What God showed me was He wanted me to know He was using me in a very unique and powerful way. But first, I had to believe what God said. Once I believed that word Linda gave me, the change had begun. My life has never been the same.

Now, I realize this was about authority, and understanding how to operate in it. Its one thing to have authority, and another to know how to use it. God wants us to see ourselves seated in heavenly places like Christ. We have been given such power to bring change on this earth. Unfortunately, so many individuals do not know who they are in Christ, and simply cannot bring the victory as God intended for us to do.

3 comments:

  1. NICOLE, I JUST READ YOUR BLOG AND I FEEL WHETHER WITH THE NAME CHANGE OR YOUR BIRTH NAME YOU HAVE BROUGHT GREAT VICTORY IN MY LIFE WITH YOUR PRESENCE AND WORDS. IT FEELS GOOD TO KNOW THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF STILL EXIST ON EARTH. YOU ARE A TRUE BLESSING!!!

    REGINA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've always had something great to grace your own life and bring about the same grace to those that come into your life, and those who surround you. Fortunately, you are on the right path to really be VICTORIOUS in receiving, giving, sharing, exploring, and eternally learning what God has in store for you and those inside and outside of your circle of grace and blessings. I'm glad to be apart of your circle :-)

    Love You. . . Tracy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Regina Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to me. I know I've said this to you before, but you are one of my favorite people. I can count on you to bring the truth even when no one else will.

    @Tracy It blesses my heart to hear you speak those words back to me (being in my circle). It's so important to me to see the lives of people effected and changed more than anything else. You have no idea how much those words have blessed me. Thank you and I love you too.

    ReplyDelete

Will you go, anyway?

  Seems like a simple enough question to answer, it's either yes or no. Yet, we answer this question everyday in our decisions. However,...