Saturday, June 5, 2010

Letting Go (Part I)


Today I let go of some stuff I've had for a long time. What's so amazing, it was stuff I had been trying to get rid of, but for some unlikely reason, I just didn't.

Several months ago I went through my closets and bagged three huge bags of clothes. I have a lot of clothes. A lot of very expensive clothes.

What I find so crazy, the reason those bags stayed in my upstairs hallway for several months before I actually got rid of them. I had already decided that I didn't want them any longer. What the heck was I scared of? Which brings me to my next question.

What are you holding on to?

It's amazing to me the stuff we carry as people. Sometimes, we even carry stuff we adamantly and unalterably do not want.

What's up with that?

This morning I got up and "decided" I was not going to walk past those bags another day. Needless to say, all that stuff is now gone. In doing so, what I discovered was a freedom and a liberty that came over me. So much so, that I had to blog about it. There are so many people who just need to let go.

I realize that this experience was about me overcoming fear. Fear shows up in many different forms, and for some reason, the Lord showed me how I was walking in fear by holding on to those bags.

I believe God loves us so much He will use anything, even our own fears that we sometimes hold on to, to help get us delivered. Meaning, God let me see my fear through the frustration of holding on to something I didn't want. It was once I decided and then took steps, that God revealed to me what was really going on. True revelation is faith in action, not something you pull out of the clouds.

It has taken me hardly no time to write this blog, of course, once I got past the fear issue God wanted me to see. I knew I wanted to do this, but fear gripped me, and held me in place. Yet writing is an easy thing for me. It's who I am and what I love to do by expressing the heart and mind of God through my own experiences.

Now, not only does it feel good to let go, but also, my hallway is clear. Hallelujah!!!

2 comments:

  1. I believe that letting go of unwanted and unnecessary things is the only way to move forward and walk in your purpose. Physically removing unwanted things certainly will produce a clear pathway and so will removing unnecessary emotional baggage will also produce a clearer pathway to your well being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yolanda, you are absolutely correct. I believe letting go of that stuff was a turning point for me. Removing those bags was the beginning of not only moving forward, but also, the point of not being weighed down by unecessary things which make it harder for you to move.

    ReplyDelete

Will you go, anyway?

  Seems like a simple enough question to answer, it's either yes or no. Yet, we answer this question everyday in our decisions. However,...